Monday, June 27, 2011

Thief in the night!

Happy Monday, everyone! I can't begin to tell you how busy we've been. October can't seem to come fast enough. I really don't know what I was doing with my time before I started having to plan a wedding. I'm busy all week long and then there's no rest for the weary on the weekends. Overall this weekend wasn't too bad in terms of business. We had some ups and downs, but overall we were very productive.

Down: I received my writing scores for my GRE in the mail. Not what I thought it would be especially considering the fact that I paid a good amount of money to take a prep coarse and followed their strategies which were "guaranteed" to get you higher scores. But from what I hear with what I want to do for my Masters the school shouldn't care too much about my writing scores. My math and verbal scores were high enough so I guess there's nothing more to worry about other than my own disappointment in myself. Booooo...

Up: We found a fantastic bistro in our town while looking for a place to have our rehearsal dinner. This is extra awesome because until now we thought there were only chain restaurants and sports bars in town. Mr. Fiance had a fillet and I had delicious braised asparagus with creme fraiche. Yum yum yum. 

Down: We have a THIEF in our backyard. Here is the crime scene. 


Those were powder blue asters. Now they are stems. The weird thing is that our thief didn't go after any of the other plants including the zinnias (shown in the lower left) or the shasta daisies. Luckily I know the theif's Achilles heel.

So far we've had no more flower thievery since I sprinkled this stuff around the bed on Friday. Guess the thieves don't like it hot. Can't say I blame them. I'm not a huge fan of spicy foods myself. 


Here is the flower garden as of this morning. It's looking a little shaggy because of a couple of nasty storms we had over the weekend. It's also looking a little thin because the marigolds are reaching the end of their lifespan and I've started pulling them out to give the cockscomb room to grow. 

Up: We were invited to Mr. Fiance's cousin's daughter's birthday party this weekend and it was just about the cutest thing I've ever seen. She was turning two and they decided to throw here a Sesame Street themed birthday party. My favorite part was this full sized sign post so lovingly created by her daddy. 

I won't even get into the matching Sesame character family tee-shirts, big bird feathers leading up to the door, Oscar can including Wormy, a real Dorothy the goldfish, handmade character cupcakes, and delicious food. These people know how to throw a party and I was taking notes the entire time. 

Downs: We were supposed to go to Athens, GA for a debate society meeting after the party but unfortunately one of us came down with a stomach bug so we scrapped the trip. We went home and watched Beau Pere instead. 

Up: I'm almost done painting my sewing room now that the nasty test is over. The hardest part was choosing the color, but I finally went with a pretty sunny yellow. It's got a good sixties-ish vibe without being too dated looking. I'm trying to decided on the wisdom of adding some green damask curtains. Perhaps something along these lines. 


What do you guys think? Too much?

And that's it for me so how about all of you? Anyone have some good ups or sucky downs this weekend? 

No comments: