Wednesday, July 20, 2011

I got a present!

I am always always amazed by the kindness and the generosity of others. Especially when I head to the post office and find this in my box:


It was a huuuuuuuuge box of patterns from Ms. Contessa Timmerman. The box was just packed full of patterns from the 1940s all the way up to some that are less than 10 years old.

By the way Ms. Contessa I just love your handwriting:


I took them out of the box and laid them in my front entry way so I could examine them all. First of all, Contessa, you have excellent taste. And second, would any of you believe me if I said this wasn't even half of what she sent me? I was completely blown away.


This was my personal favorite pattern as bridal gowns are a subject that's currently very near and dear to my heart.


I also loved this really sweet Butterick dress which I had never seen before and this Advance gardening apron which I may or may not have already busted into and cut out the fabric pieces for....


She also sent lots of patterns from the 1960s including this sweet little sundress. Or at least what will be a sundress when I get through with it. Probably in sunny yellow floral print.


Here are a few more of the other great 50s and 60s patterns she included. I also love the 1970s shorts pattern that you can see peeking out on the far right side below.


Lots of full outfit patterns and this great pattern which included interchangeable collars.


and I now have another caftan pattern. Which is awesome.


So thank you so much, Ms. Contessa. I'm overwhelmed by your kindness and I am definitely going to be busy for the next six months making all these lovely garments. All I can say is thank you thank you thank you and I promise to take good care of these lovely patterns.

Best,
Nancy

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I love your work!! could you share with us any of these gorgeous vintage patterns?!! this Butterick dress is amazing!!

Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Unknown said...

I love your hard work can you give us all these stunning vintage patterns this kind of Buttermilk dress can be amazing
round collar shirt